There are many ways to reduce your car premiums. We have made a list of these things.
1. Immobilize your car – depending on the vehicle, MPI will install a free immobilizer in your car, or provide one at a reduced price. You will also save at least $40 in premium every year.
2. Good driver – Good price – Being a good driver is the best way to save money on your car insurance premium. With a clean record you move up one level per year on the Driver Safety Rating scale.
3. Pleasure Users – Pleasing Premium – If you do not drive to work or school, or only do so not more than four times a month, you can insure as “Pleasure” use and save approximately 15% on your insurance.
4. Low Profile – Low Cost – The type of car you drive is a major factor in what you pay for insurance. Is it less costly to repair than most cars? Is your vehicle not a target for thieves. If you answer to these questions is ‘Yes”, you’re paying less than the average car owner for insurance.
5. Increase your deductible – The higher the deductible you choose, the less you pay in premiums. If you choose a higher deductible of $500 you save 10-15% in premiums.
6. Drop Unnecessary coverages – For example, if you own several vehicles, you may not need Auto Loss of Use (coverage for a rental car if one of your cars is in the shop for repairs following an accident).
7. Discounts for Safety Features – If the car has airbags, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes and a theft deterrent system, a premium discount is automatically built into the premiums.
If you have questions about your premiums, don’t hesitate to call the insurance specialists at Pembina Insurance.